Case Study: Clients – Homes of Hope Virtual Gala
Creativity | Community | Clients: 3C’s Case Study
This is a 3C’s Case Study examining one of our clients the creation of a virtual fundraising event, the 2020 Homes of Hope Virtual Gala.
Since 2015, Homes of Hope has allowed Rettew Creative help capture and create stories for their yearly fundraising gala each May. Each year, we produced three video stories to be shown to a live audience with the sole purpose of sharing their story for fundraising. Each year, they raise more and more money to serve their mission and vision: “Provide opportunities for generational change throughout South Carolina. We do this in two ways, Rebuilding Communities and Rebuilding Lives.”
- Men’s Development– The Men’s Workforce Development Program is a voluntary one-year residential job training and mentoring program for men overcoming drug and alcohol addictions. The interns live and learn at Gideon’s House, a historical home in downtown Greenville, SC. Men are equipped with construction-related job skills through classroom training and through the actual construction of our LoCAL Homes. Each participant graduates with a certification in Basic Residential Construction (BRC) through Greenville Technical College’s Quick Jobs program.
- Affordable Housing – The goal is to provide safe, affordable, and energy-efficient housing for low-to-moderate income families and/or individuals. Families without a safe place to call home lack an essential element that must exist. Through our four housing strategies, we aim to meet the housing needs of South Carolina families.
Homes of Hope 2020 Virtual Gala
Goal of Project
At the beginning of 2020, we once again partnered to tell three stories for their gala only to re-vision how to deliver these stories. In April of 2020, Homes of Hope made the decision to post-pone their May event because of the COVID-19 Global Pandemic. As the event was postponed to Jun 18th in the hopes to have an in-person event, the decision was made to go completely virtual.
Rettew Creative was asked to partner with Homes of Hope to re-imagine this event for a virtual experience. We then began to work with Homes of Hope to create a virtual gala to be delivered at 6pm on June 18th as a Facebook Premiere event. Facebook Premieres allows a branded page to schedule and debut videos as Live moments. After the broadcast, the video will be saved on your Page. A Premiere has to be scheduled at least 10 minutes in advance. Here is a link to that previously played Facebook Premiere of the Virtual Gala.
We have helped numerous large, medium, and small organizations Live Stream events; yet our team created a pre-produced 30 minute virtual gala “show”. This “show” would be uploaded a few days before the Facebook Premiere alerting the fans on their brand page, notifying those virtual attendees the event would take place at 6pm on June 18th. Once the Facebook Premiere video goes live, it appears like a live stream allowing people to interact with this video the same way they would with a Facebook Live video stream.
We worked with Homes of Hope to plan a 30 minute show production to included the three videos we originally pre-produced for the live event. These three video stories included:
- Introduction to Homes of Hope: https://youtu.be/pWu4oTNGonE
- Men’s Development: https://youtu.be/z5q72cFd5yo
- Affordable Housing Client: https://youtu.be/xiirMvf-bfA
These videos were showcased in the 30 minute show, produced to walk the audience through the whole vision of Homes of Hope. This 30 minute show featured an emcee who guided the show through the Homes of Hope Training Facility, an actual home they built where two of the staff members gave an update on their programs, and a final “call to action” by the CEO asking people to give to the organization. We hope you will watch this video at the top.
Client Testimonial: Brett Porter / Homes of Hope